We have a 10-step process to create a customized financial plan to help you achieve your financial goals.
We’ll go through the first five steps during your initial visit, with the subsequent five steps taking place during your second visit.
- Getting to know the client. This is when I learn about your current financial state and your goals for your financial future.
- Explain my unique approach. I’ll explain my specific approach to financial planning and how it makes me different from other financial planners.
- Provide you with a financial questionnaire. This is a detailed questionnaire that you take home with you, and it contains questions about everything from your current net worth level to your cash inflow and outflow[EM1] .
- Explain my compensation. I’ll explain how I’m compensated for my work, so you’re clear on what fees you’ll be paying and when you’ll be charged them.
- Discuss future introductions. We’ll talk about any other financial professionals you may need to meet with to help implement your financial plan.
- Review your financial questionnaire. When you come back for your second visit, I’ll review your answers to your financial questionnaire.
- Find inefficient strategies. I’ll evaluate your answers to find ways you’re spending and saving money inefficiently.
- Discuss alternatives. I’ll make suggestions on better ways to save (for example, a TFSA may be a better choice for you than an RRSP while saving for retirement) and spend (for example, I’ll point out unnecessary expenses).
- Create the plan. I’ll design a plan to help you improve the efficiency of both your spending and savings habits.
- Take action. I’ll work with you to implement my recommendations and provide periodic follow-ups to make sure you remain on track!
Reach out to me today to get started!